Contest Course Progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Re: Contest Course Progress

Post by Craigus10 »

Yep, if Bryce's is the last course then we should allow downloading as soon as it is in. It will be great to get into the courses. Now we just have to come up with the final judging sheet and we will be good to go.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sorry to be bringing up the rear guys :( Maybe I'll have enough time to recheck and tidy up everything by the end of the weekend.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Don't stress Bryce. Get it right so that you're happy with it first. Don't let us pressure you.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Craigus10 wrote:Yep, if Bryce's is the last course then we should allow downloading as soon as it is in. It will be great to get into the courses. Now we just have to come up with the final judging sheet and we will be good to go.
There are obviously a lot of different ideas about how to judge a course and what criteria to look at. All we need is a common approach, so I suggest the following:

-No matter how you judge a course, just come up with a number between 1 and 1,000. You can use the list I provided or use your own... doesn't matter. It can be just gut feel for that matter. Just come up with a score... like 895 or 950.

-All scores for a particular course can then be averaged to give a composite opinion of that course.

-Highest average score wins it.

Whatcha think? :confused:

Dar
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Something like that would work well. It may put a lot of people off having to fill in a form, so as long as at least a score is given, that would work. I' happy to judge on the design side if we are still doing that.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar ! Sounds good to me. Can't wait to get started. I'm thinking I will put all the new courses as a tournament course immediately since I've already begun my 2011 season. That would give me my minimum of 2 rounds for each course.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Good move Dar.
Great idea that will work.
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Sounds like there is general agreement on the approach to judging. If you have any objections, say something now.

I have set up a tracking sheet to record the scores and calculate the averages. As you finish judging/scoring a course, you can just send me a private message on the site here or email me at dbrown4428@aol.com. I will collect and record the scores.

How long do you you think we should leave the voting open? Personally, I think the end of January should be plenty of time, but I am open to more or less time.

Dar :golf:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

1201 am February 1 sounds good to me. All voting should end then. That gives a full 2 weeks from the 16th to play and judge the courses.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sorry I'm lagging behind. We will have more than 2 weeks to judge, because I am home from work now and off tommorrow and intend to spend 90% of my time finishing......the other 10% watching playoff games. No guarantees on when I'll be done, but it will be in the next couple of days, so we can have almost 3 weeks of voting.

Where do we get the scoring sheet? I like the idea of a numeric score as oppossed to a vote....so long as it's not as tedious as the past judging sheets. I also think that contest designers should be able to vote on all courses except their own, but who would want to judge their own anyways?

OK, I'm getting to work. Once again, I'm sorry I'm not finished yet.

Doron