My latest work

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
bryce
Legend of Golf

My latest work

Post by bryce »

I have a pic or 2 in another thread, but I thought I would start one specifically for this course. I would say I am 70% finished, but all of the holes are laid out, and I have done at least some work on each one. It is a mountain type course inspired by some of the work by Robert D Wagers throughout the years. As I feel that I have a presentable hole ready to show, I will post some pics. I'm going to go ahead and post this one, but I will say I have no planting on the hole or have not worked on the fairway at all. This is just to give an idea of some of the look of the course.

A view from the 18th tee
18tee.jpg
(353.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'll keep you updated!
Doron
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: My latest work

Post by ADC »

Looking good, Bryce! What's the carry to that peninsula?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

285-290. It drops about 130 feet from the tee to the fairway. I tried it in practice mode and made it pretty easily and I only carry the ball 250ish or so. It is very narrow to hit that peninsula though!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! For a bare hole it looks good. I"ve seen numerous holes that are simular as this design, most are par 5's but yours looks like it might be a par 4. Which is it?
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

A par 4 of about 440 yards. It probably only plays about 380 because of the elevation change.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

I love holes that drop down like that. Are you going to include the driveable par 5 in this design as well? If so than this might be a real fun course to play.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

The driveable par 5 is on the course! I'm still working out the kinks on where to put the tees on that one.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Sandwedge,
In about 2 weeks, I am going to a course that I have played several times before here in NC called Mountain Aire. I know of at least 2 massive drops from the tees to the landing area/fairways. According to Google Earth, the 6th hole drops about 160 feet from the tees to the fairway. I'll take some pics when I am there.

Doron
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Yeah, those are the best holes - make you just pause and say wow! Wish I lived in North Carolina - from what I can see, there are a lot of great choices to test the PINGs.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Just a little bit of an upadate. I like to finish all of my elevation work before I plant, so the trees on the 10th hole (in the pic) will be removed before I get back to elevation work. This is a par 5 of about 552 yards.
crescent10.jpg
(401.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
This does NOT come into play:
crescentwf.jpg
(446.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet