Ok, I'm excited!

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Ok, I'm excited!

Post by ADC »

Hey, everyone!

I am finally making my own libraries! I'm using google earth for my pics, then GIMP2 to make the images. I only have one problem. When I save in the Library Creator, it saves them as a .tlf (?) file. Temporary Library File. The game needs .clb. How do I convert these?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Re: Ok, I'm excited!

Post by A Brandt »

After saving your library you have to go to File->Create Library. This will create your .clb file.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Thanks, Adam!

One more question. I figured that much out, like, 30 seconds after I asked, but here's the thing. When I go to place a texture in the architect, it has these weird blue lines across it. Any bet on what's causing that?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Hmm, I've run across a similar problem involving some tee markers I made. Each one had a blue horizontal line coming out of it. I couldn't figure out the problem so I just gave up on them and used some stock markers. I wish I could help!!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I know you'll get a bad image if you don't save it in 8-bit (256 color) format. It won't actually let you add a file in the wrong format in the library creator but I've already added it as an 8-bit then went and chanced something and saved over it as a 24-bit by mistake so when I recompiled the library again I got a bad image. Other than that I'm not sure what would cause it.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Thanks, guys. I'm wondering, is there a certain pixel size each texture needs to be? Maybe that will solve the lines. If not, I can just get the textures together. Just easier. Hopefully the lines will be figured out eventually.