Choosing textures, trees and objects from libraries

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Choosing textures, trees and objects from libraries

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

One more note on the Project page. Occasionally you'll get a "course won't Parse" message. No problem. Just delete that one and resave your project following the same steps.

Pols, I didn't discover this until maybe 3 courses ago. I can't imagine how much time I spent cloaking all the libes then uncloaking those I needed. This saves a lot of time and it makes sure (usually! 99% of the time) that you don't open your course with a libe missing and end up with those temp libraries; those are SUCH a pain in the butt! :mad:
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Robert@ wrote: Creating a library using exsisting objects isnt all that difficult to create your own library for your own course. it does cause players to have to download a new library with stuff they already have,but it does make designing a course much easier with all your objectss in one place and not having a course that is using 30 different librarys.
How would I go about doing this? And, could I rename any of the textures from the preexisting libraries when I made the new library?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

There should be a tutorial somewhere detailing how to create your own textures using ones from another library. Same with objects. This is how I've always created my custom libs. I'll give the basics:

In the architect, open the library you want to copy textures from. Next, right click(I think?) on a texture to bring up the actual sized texture pic. Now hit 'print screen' on your keyboard. Open your favorite editing program (I use photoshop). Open a new file and paste your screenshot to the new file. Now use the crop tool and crop the texture out of the image, trying to get the entire texture, but make sure you don't include anything except the texture itself. Now you can tweak colors or add some noise and such to make it your own. You can name the file anything you like and it must be saved as 8-bit bitmap files.

The tutorial(s) are more detailed, but I hope this helps!
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Can't find the tutorials anywhere, but thanks, A Brandt. Will give it a go.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.