Looking for an Ocean Surf sound

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Looking for an Ocean Surf sound

Post by SteveHorn »

Alex! It looks like the type of par 3 where par is REAL GOOD
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Man that is a nice looking par 3.... Just a thought, FWIW....

Ive drawn a bunker front right of the greensite, to give even more of an added "Oh Lord" factor... Even if you place a pin right behind it... It gives you added toughness, pinching in the front of the greensite
as well as the thought of "Ok I need to make it over the bunker on front right, and NOT hit the water right, on the pin you have on the screenshot..

Just some added mental stress for us the player..

I love the look of the hole however, but just thought hey, SKEER em even more with one additional bunker.

Terry

What i may look like with additional bunker
long par 32.jpg
(932.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Thanks, guys

Terry, I agree that your bunker makes the hole look doubly impressive. My one concern is that I've noticed with the hang time the ball gets, if there's any wind whatever, this becomes an extremely difficult green to hit. I'm thinking, for now, that I'll leave it be, and see what happens further on.

Thanks,

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Great looking hole! I love how the trouble comes into play if you miss left or right. 269 yards with that trouble will make for a very difficult 3.

Doron
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

How about: Forget Terry's trap (no offense, Terry!) and lengthen the pond so that it runs next to the green; that leaves the fairway approach open but makes the right side more deadly.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Thanks, Bryce

I can't believe I didn't remember to put the top picture on. The pond does run the whole length of the green.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.