a not so simple pano ....

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

a not so simple pano ....

Post by Pyecraft »

just thought I'd contribute a little, show what I've begun...
castle.jpg
(167.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
village.jpg
(184.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:eek
May the only balls you slice be your own
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: a not so simple pano ....

Post by SteveHorn »

WOW ! Talk about completely different and unique. I'm interested to see how they look with all the added 2D ,3D objects and textures.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Nice! This takes us back into the pre golf era. I love it!
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

thank you guys...I think its time to leave this as is now, get movin' some dirt..
pasting objects into the pano will hopefully free up design time, if not save a little memory.
..still can't figure out how you paste pics here....
Attachments
Alwyn Dam.jpg
(193.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Pye, those panos look great. Keep working on the course. Really impressed with those.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Thanks Craigus. Pano tinkering over, but before I build a course, I need to complete the matching library.
Since my pc crash, though, collecting the motherload of previous photoshopped 2d objects from some hidden partition, is at best, pot-luck. With about 18 blended textures and some 30-odd iconic Welsh ruins/buildings and fauna, the filing of these objects has always caused enough problems to eventually lose interest in the project. But if successful and it'll upload ok, then someone taking it further is probably the best chance for these ideas to become a course.
Seeing what you designers might come up with....now that would be interesting.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Love the pano's Pye - you can't give up on this library! It's always nice to see something new and they look great so far...
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Thanks Links....this time around, I'll be better organized and step more carefully filewise.
They're a lot of work as you well know and to lose them during my pc crash was a good lesson. Once I have the library re-built, I will upload it for you lads to play around with, then carry on trying to create the course ideas I have for Snowdonia. Part of my design plan is to cut foreground from the original pano to create 2d horizons in the design. Tricky, but worth the effort if I can indeed arrive at a seamless horizon. And, as ya can't do dat from an uploaded pano, handing over the lib won't compromise my own ideas. Even so, it'd still be fun to see what you better designers might create from all that photoshopping.
Strange though, having sorta figured out the hows of a pano, its tempting to use the mounds of collected, discarded terrain/vistas and carry on creating more Brit panos, they're not so difficult as I once thought.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

I somehow remember seeing a library with a similar pano and matching textures by the name of Ter Libs. Spencer.
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

interesting Spencer ... I should I check that out...but, ain't never uploaded, so it wont be this one...
here it is with the texture blends;
Attachments
blends.jpg
(206.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet