Spectators and Tournament Mode.

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Spectators and Tournament Mode.

Post by ADC »

I think that's part of the challenge for those of us left who are into designing. How do we keep bringing in new things when there is a definite limit to what we can do? I have 3-4 course ideas I plan on releasing this year. On at last 1 of those, I plan to get to know the library creator. The fewer of us there are designing, the more...interested in learning new things we have to be, right?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

The only limit is your imagination.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Hey, Robert@! Thanks for the encouragement. Out of plain, simple curiosity, are we likely to see another one of your artistic masterpieces again? I have to admit, I really do enjoy your take on things.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Absoultly....very soon.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I ran into a couple of problems with my new course. I was having some major problems with my libraries. I was using Coos Bay, and the look was terrific, but when I played the course, everytime I struck a 2D object, the game would crash. I use a LOT of 2d objets, so I switched libararies. This made me realize I really didn't know where I was going witht the current apporach. I had 4 good holes, and no route. So, I started over, from scratch, and got myself a good routing, based on my criteria of play, wind direction, and incorporating the interesting, usable bits of the plot.

So, basically, here is my question. How do you avoid burnout on a project while still working on it? And secondly, how do you cope when things aren't entirely as you've seen them, but are still good, and the best you are going to get?