Testing!!

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Testing!!

Post by Terry Grayson »

I did think about that robert.... I basically created the texture set using Scottsdale as a guide and did create a Dormant rough (comparable to Scottsdales texture around bunkers) I may add that see what it does, cause that is a great look!

Sure miss some @ designs....Why dont ya build us one??? :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Terry, you have a way with the architect! Those blends look so natural and real along with the pano......not to mention the course layout looks awesome too. I can't wait to get a chance to play there :)
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Have you thought about a joint project with Gabagoo? If you guys put your talents together I am sure the course would be in the running for the best of the best. Just a thought - good to hear you are enjoying the warm spell :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I havent talked to him about it, but I intend to finish the one I'm currently working on before I start another.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Have had a few days to fiddle with this course recently.. Pretty much have 14 holes semi complete...Figured I would post an update..

Still moving dirt (Er Sand) around.... Hope you enjoy.. Im still focusing on scale with this one.. Trying to make it look realistic...No idea about desert courses, but still giving it a go....

8th Tee
8th Tee.jpg
(609.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
9th Hole Tee
9th Tee.jpg
(685.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
and finally the 9th greensite... Really trying to make the greensites follow the lay of the land yet remain smooth to putt...
9th Greensite.jpg
(539.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Thanks folks...Hope to be done in a week or so...
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Terry! Love the look of your 9th green and bunkering. I know your trying to blend the rough into the desert but generally speaking desert courses don't blend like a dunes courses. Just for your info. You might have a little blending but where the desert meets the rough but the desert dominates so I'd be careful how much (how far out) blending you do. Just a suggestion
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

You know Steve Ive not thought of it like you just described.. You are right... Unfortunately I am way to far ahead in the game to turn back..

Can I say its a hybrid course? (told yuns I knew nothing of deserts)...LOL ... Man I wished I would of thought of that ahead of time... Thanks bro for the comments....
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Looks really nice Terry. Take your time finishing it, dont get rushed. Have you given any thought to the monthly water charges to keep this course green, lol. Spencer.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

LOL Spencer... I swear last night I was working on one of the holes... I was thinking man this is lush for a desert course... Then I put in a nice lake/pond between two holes (only water on entire course) and thought, Ok they are irragating it
with this...LOL...
Mike New
Chronic Slicer

Post by Mike New »

SteveHorn wrote:Terry! Love the look of your 9th green and bunkering. I know your trying to blend the rough into the desert but generally speaking desert courses don't blend like a dunes courses. Just for your info. You might have a little blending but where the desert meets the rough but the desert dominates so I'd be careful how much (how far out) blending you do. Just a suggestion
Terry Grayson wrote:You know Steve Ive not thought of it like you just described.. You are right... Unfortunately I am way to far ahead in the game to turn back..

Can I say its a hybrid course? (told yuns I knew nothing of deserts)...LOL ... Man I wished I would of thought of that ahead of time... Thanks bro for the comments....
Funny, thought I said something to that effect a month ago.
Mike New wrote:Definitely looks nice so far, a wise choice of colours. However, I wonder if it would look better if the blends were tighter. Especially when going between the green rough and desert sand.