Itchy Fingers

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Itchy Fingers

Post by Polslad »

Don't know why, but lately I've been thinking about opening the architect again.
Been looking around for a suitable project.
We must be mad, all of us!
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Re: Itchy Fingers

Post by Pyecraft »

Well Pols, 'mad' is one way to explain it :)
...I bin busy journeying again, relocating this time to Vancouver Island, and got me a new mega memory laptop for working on location with a new art/photography projects I've been wanting to try for so long ... but wouldn't ya just guess that the witchin' architect had me installing PGA straight off!! Lured into the simple task of completing my 3/4 finished Snowdonia, I never shoulda tinkered with the existing plot. Why do we always think we can improve past designwork? grrr....
At any rate my old friend, you itchin' is always good for the community, I'm ever impressed by what you come up with next .... any thoughts?
May the only balls you slice be your own
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Castle Stuart ?
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Castle Stuart looks like a world of hurt!
Not sure if the architect would be up for it, let alone me.
I was thinking about a coment made recently in one of the review forums, along the lines of we are all trying to create the ultimate golf course with extreme landscapes, views, elevation changes and textures, that we have forgotten how good a 'traditional' layout can be.
All of your classic courses laid out a hundred or so years ago were manufactured by hand and real hourse power, no massive earth moving equipment back then.
Would a Winged Foot, Augusta, Pine Valley get created and built today?