Library Creation

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
ADC
Tour Contender

Library Creation

Post by ADC »

Hey, all

I've got some questions about what you can and can't do with making a custom library:

How do you access the Library Creator?
How do you find the images for textures, etc?
What sort of 2D object can you make? Has anyone ever made more people than the stock libraries provide?

Thanks,
ADC
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Library Creation

Post by SteveHorn »

ADC! That would be awesome if you can make some more people for the gallery. I don't mess around in the library creator so I can't really help.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Alex,
You can access it by going to your Sierra folder and go into the "Bin" folder. Thats where mine is, but I added a shortcut to my desktop. If you want to create custom images for a texture, you can simply take a picture of the type of grass you want to use, say for a rough texture, you could possibly use your yard. For a green or fairway texture, you should take a pic of a real green, fairway, fringe etc. You can also create textures with Photoshop. There is even a tutorial for photoshop on youtube.

Doron
Mike New
Chronic Slicer

Post by Mike New »

You can make any 2D object, texture or panorama you want, as long you know how to use a graphics program.

Unfortunately, you can not define people, or any other type of 2D object, as being tournament only. If you create and place people on the course, they will be there during play whether you're playing in tournament mode or not.
bbamanda
Range Rookie

Post by bbamanda »

Useful information, thanks a lot.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Mike New wrote:You can make any 2D object, texture or panorama you want, as long you know how to use a graphics program.

Unfortunately, you can not define people, or any other type of 2D object, as being tournament only. If you create and place people on the course, they will be there during play whether you're playing in tournament mode or not.
I think (don't tell my wife, she will want to take a photograph! ;) ) PGA 2000 is a great game; however, I also like the latest version of Links 2003, and was wondering if anyone had created a PGA2000 course specifically named "XXXXX Tournament Edition"? I also think ("But what do I know? I am but a poor corrupt government official." :bg: ) that would be a way to get around the custom spectator issue. Create them, add them and name the course accordingly. That's what the best Links2003 designers now are doing. In Links it is done to resolve a file size issue (In a Links download file everything is included). The standard files are not much bigger than the average PGA2000 composite. However, the new HD courses are huge and not all members can download and play them properly (for various reasons). Hence the designers have started creating a standard version (no tournament objects or spectators) and later, a tournament version. Got a slow download speed and an old PC? - pick the standard version. Got a PC that NASA could only dream about (just kidding :D )? Download the Tournament version. I just noticed that PGA2000 has a similar basic feature as Links. On the weekend I played Seasons in standard mode and today (thinking this course would be fun with spectators) tried Tourney Mode, but no spectators appeared; so I'm assuming spectators are (as in Links) designer activated.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing