Rotate Tool

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Rotate Tool

Post by Guggy107 »

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is some trick to using the rotate tool. It takes me forever to rotate one object because I can never find the little dot that is supposed to appear that shows the point you are rotating around. I've tried zooming out and searching around the entire plot, but I can never find it. Is there something I need to do to get it to appear, or is there any other tips you guys might have for me in regards to the rotate tool. Thanks!
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Re: Rotate Tool

Post by spencerturner »

Click and highlight the object you want to rotate. Then clickon the rotate tool and go to View and at the bottom click on center rotate orgin. Then rotate with your mouse. Spence.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

With the rotate tool active, hitting Ctrl-C will do the same thing if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe Ctrl-Shft-C??
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

Awesome, I knew there had to be something simple I was missing. Saved me hours, thanks!
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

After you see the center rotate origin you can left click and hold then drag to where you need it. This is good if you want to tightly rotate a bunker.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Nice, I was having this same problem.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.