Novice Designer

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
pudgyputter
Range Rookie

Novice Designer

Post by pudgyputter »

I have been playing this game for several years and have used the wizzard to layout and work on some designs (none that I would ever let anyone see). Is there anything that has been published on the 'how-to" of designing for PGA 2000. I am a complete novice. I should add that I do have a philosophy on what a course should look like and play. I have actually read several books on golf course design. I think I could develop at least "good, playable courses" - just do not know what can be done. That is not excattly correct, I see what many of you are doing and know it can be done, just do not know how and where to begin. The game manual does not help.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: Novice Designer

Post by ADC »

Welcome!

There is plenty of "how-to" material available. One of the things that make this games so amazing is the fact that some of the designers have been working for over a decade with this program. My biggest piece of advice is to be patient. We all start out not knowing how to get what we want. But I highly recommend talking to Brain Z., IndyAnnaJones, and Robert@. They know more about this than I ever will, that's for sure.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Pudgyputter,

I recommend you download the two Copyright Club Design Tutorials folders in the Utilities area... see the "PGA 2000 Design" section near the bottom of the Utilities list. I know there is a ton of information in there on course design. That could get you started.

Dar
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

pudgy, if you have Skype on your computer I would be willing to talk to you direct via Skype and help you get started with the basics. My ID on Skype is: spencer443, or e mail me at turnerspencer00@gmail.com. Spencer.