Peninsula State Park Golf Course

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Peninsula State Park Golf Course

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I think it looks good, but I'm wondering if you can brighten it a little? If not, it still looks very good.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Love the pano Brain - stick with it and get her done :)
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Can't decide which I hate more: flatting cart paths on hills or planting trees using Ghost It to line them up. Took a full night for each. Glad I'm done with both now. I think I'm still on track for a play test version by Friday.

Indy, I'm going to leave the pano alone for now. If you get a chance to play test it, let me know if you still think it needs to be brighter after seeing the full pano in play.
sandwedge wrote:Okay - so I am willing to start a fan club for Brian if it will convince him to not make this course his last one :bg: It looks great thus far to me. I like the textures and I like the blending of the textures with the pano.
Maybe, if the fan club could pay me so I didn't have to go to work then I could do this kind of stuff full time. ;)
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

BrianZ111 wrote:Maybe, if the fan club could pay me so I didn't have to go to work then I could do this kind of stuff full time.
I hear ya :laugh: It would be nice if we were all a design team for the next edition of PGA 2012 by GSC - although I probably would not love the game as much then. Part of the attraction for me is that when I play I am at home away from the stress and pressure of work. I am still going to put it out there how grateful we are for one of your hobbies being the same as ours - think Penninsula is the way to go out in style too! :up: :up: :up:
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Anyone know any libraries with a bell? There is a bell near the fairway on 12 because the tee shot is blind and you ring it after you've hit your approach shot so the people on the tee know when they can hit. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the bell so I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Pete Dye Golf Club has a bell on a pole.
Stan
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks Stan, I missed that one. I actually did find one I like better in the Royal Birkdale library on a tripod looking thing. The real one is silver colored but I think this will do.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Didn't quite make my deadline. Got a few odds and ends to clean up but it's really close and really looking good I think. Don't have time to post screenshots now.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I've sent a version out for play testing to some people. If anybody didn't get it who wants to play test it, let me know. I hope to release it by Saturday if nothing major comes up in the play testing.

Meanwhile here's some new screenshots:

Overhead Map
Clubhouse Area
3rd Tee
5th Approach
8th Hole
10th Tee
10th Green
11th Tee
12th Green Looking Down to the 17th Green and Out Into Green Bay
17th Tee Looking Off to the Side Toward Ephraim
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Fantastic work.
Seamless blend between land plot and pano.
Looks like you could just step in there and tee off for real.
Looking forward to the release.