Missing library

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Missing library

Post by spencerturner »

Need some help. I have 14 holes completed on a new course. Opened the architect today and I am getting a message that an original library is missing and that it ( the arch. ) will subsitute a similar library . I did delete some old libraries that I no longer use to save space and restore some memory and that is when I got this message. It dosent tell me which library is missing. I have a hand written list of all the libraies I have used before all this happened and I checked this list againest these libraries in course manager and they are all installed. Does anyone have any idea how I can indentify the "missing library" ? Thought maybe some of you old timers (like me, lol) could help. Stan, Terry, Indy, Robert@ Brian, etc. Thank you.Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Missing library

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! I can't remember the last time that I created a course on the architect that this DOESN'T happen. I don't worry about it unless I noticce something wrong. Its usually a library with the same object as another library (which there are many) or 1 that you tried a texture or object but deleted it, usually after you've saved the file. If you are having problems opening or compiling check all libraries in the course manager by highlighting each library and clicking the properties button. On the bottom of the window it gives you the size. If it says ( 0 kbs ) you know it needs reinstalled. Hope this helps
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks Steve for your reply. I did as you recommended and checked all the libraries in course manager and they all checked OK . There was one library which I had used for sounds on a couple of holes and I noticed it did not list my course . I did reinstall that library and it did not change anything. My concern is that when I upload it to Dar he might not receive all the required libraries which could cause some problems when downloaded for play. Spencer.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Spencer! Upload to Dar won't be a problem. If it compiles and plays ok you can rest assured that everything will be fine. If you need the list of libraries for your course after complition highlight the course in the course manager and click the properties button. Sometimes you might see a library that you think shouldn't be on the list but so long as it works thats what counts. You can also save a copy of your completed course as a different name, then uninstall any libraries you don't believe it needs. Then open the architect and see if the copy will open. If it opens then you can try to compile. If the copy compiles with the unnessasary libraries deleted and plays ok you know that you should be able to recompile the original proper named course. You can also delete your placeholders in the course manager library section.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Spence, you can use the cloaking tool and go to projects. Then click on the new tab and it will bring up a window asking for name, you can click on the browse button and find your arch file and click on it to open. Then double left click and this should bring up a list of all libraries. Check to see that all are installed or uncloaked. The course I'm working on had a similar problem. I hope this helps.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Thanks DC, I have uncloaked any libs . I have check all the libs. I have used every way I can think of and all the ways you and Steve mentioned. I have a feeling that after I complete these last 4 holes the problem will hopefull dissapear on its own. We'll see. Thanks guys for taking the time to help. Spencer.