Custom Pano????

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SKB1103
Weekend Duffer

Custom Pano????

Post by SKB1103 »

Ok, so I am bogging the board down with questions that are probably simple but I cannot figure them out.

When I try to add my custom Pano to the Arch. it locks up. It's not a very large file. Also, whenever I'm in library creator and I click open on the file I want for the Pano a message pops us saying "file name missing" before it loads the pano for editing.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Re: Custom Pano????

Post by A Brandt »

Not sure why the architect is not taking your pano. I know it needs to be a certain size and file type (24-bit bitmap I believe). The "file name missing" message shouldn't cause any problems. Happens to me every time I load in a custom pano.
SKB1103
Weekend Duffer

Post by SKB1103 »

I figured it out. You have to add a second block of your pano flipped horizontally.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I should have mentioned that part too! If you like creating custom panos, you should try to use one large file and just cut it in half for each block. That way one side isn't just a mirror image of the other. Also check to make sure there are no seams where the edges come together. A good way to eliminate that is to open the whole image in Photoshop and make a new image that's the same size. Next crop your image in half and drag it onto the new blank image, but on the opposite side. Do it again for the other half.(original left half becomes new right half, etc) This way you can see how the ends of the pano line up. If there's a nasty seam you can use the clone stamp tool to edit it. Always try to use a 360 degree pano cuz it's a lot easier to work with. I've done a couple with just a plain panorama image and its tough to get the seam to look natural. Hope this helps!!
SKB1103
Weekend Duffer

Post by SKB1103 »

Good idea. Thank you Photoshop! Best class I ever had in HS!