How to use downloaded libraries?

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: How to use downloaded libraries?

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Donnie, DON"T EVER feel bad or hesitate asking questions about any facet of this game. I've played it for over 10 years now and still occasionally get perplexed about something or explain some aspect of it to my longtime partners, all of whom have played it as long as me (or longer.)

I'm going to give my step-by-step for installing a library/course in the course manager. It might be more complex than others' way of doing it, but it's how I learned it and it's always worked for me.

1. Download your course/library to your desktop then unzip and open it there. Drag the file to the desktop.
2. Open your course manager. (You can do this either before or after dl'ing; it doesn't matter.)
[I usually install libraries first just so I don't get the message about this or that library missing during the course install.]
3. On the course manager, click "Install" then on the SOURCE (left) side of the screen dbl-click on the large"C:\" (assuming you're using your main hard drive as your source)
4. Dbl-click on "documents and settings"
5. Dbl-click on your user name
6. Dbl-click on "desktop"

The libraries and courses to be installed should now show up in the box directly below the source box

7. Highlight these (one at a time or all together) then click install.

Make a note of any missing libraries, dl and follow the same steps.

IF you're going to be using the designer and you have a large number of libraries (more than, say 50) I strongly suggest downloading the CL Tool (Cloaking Tool) which will enable you to "hide" unused libes while you're designing.

To use the cloaking tool:
1. Click on libraries
2. Highlight the libraries you want hidden. Holding down the Cntr key and dragging will allow you to highlight groups
3. Click on "cloak." This will move the hidden (cloaked) libes to the right side.
4. To uncloak libes, just reverse the process.

Now, once you've saved an arch file with the libraries you want to use, there's another easy little device on the CL Tool, the "project" tab.

1. Click on "projects."
2. Click on "new."
3. Enter a project name
4. Find your arch file and click on it so that it appears in the second box, then save.

Now when you want to work on the designer, instead of having to manually cloak courses, you can do the following:

1. Dbl-click on your project name
2. On the next window, click on "cloak others."