The Cliffs at Stone Forest

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: The Cliffs at Stone Forest

Post by Terry Grayson »

Its a trick I started using a long time ago....The further along you get in a course, the longer it takes to do some elevation work...The buffer keeps the points to within the texture and also makes it SO MUCH easier to do elevation work...

Just wished it worked on saving and compiling...Just saved the file took 25 minutes and took another 20 to compile...Of course my computer is ancient, same one I have had since I started playing this game in 2000... You would think I would load it on the two lightning fast laptops I have....But Just aint the same to me working on a laptop... lol....
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Well finally all 18 are laid out and I have worked on all of them at some point....I am now in the process of going to different holes, checking views, seeing what needs to be added,
taken away etc.. I am adding/removing elevations where they arent needed... I have to go back and rework some of the greens and make sure they are smooth, add objects here and there, and do the final touch ups as well.. Somehow I have kept this to right at 1,200,000 points, but I dont see how considering some of the terrain work.. Probably one of my personal favorite planted courses , some areas just look so realistic on the mountainside....

This has been one of the most satisfying courses I have worked on...There were 4 holes laid out and considerable work done 1-4 and I just picked up from where Robert left off and began work...Hopefully once completed it will be one up to his standards...Wont be long now, just going to start touching up everything....

This course has had be being unable to wait to get home from work to work on it....And here it is 8:12 am, and I already cant wait to get home and open the architect....
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Keep up the good work T

Can't wait ! :bg: :bg:
Stan
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Thanks Stan!

Shutting it down for the night! Last two pics before release...Got major touch up, and detail attention to take care of... 12th and 15 th pretty much complete..here they are

12th: Par 5 posted earlier in thread.. Uphill all the way and a tough eagle..
12th.jpg
(764.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Hole 15: Nice little par four with water down the left all the way....
15 th.jpg
(787.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Thanks for looking
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

WOW, looks like another classic.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Can't seem to download the pics you posted Terry. No matt er, I am sure they are first class. Best of Luck to you with your co-design. Spencer.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Thanks Spence, finished up tonight...Was hoping to get done before Robert left....

It should be available tomorrow... Uploading now..

Thanks everyone, I hope you enjoy The Cliffs at Stone Forest....

Hope I've done you proud Robert...
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Newbie here, again. What do I need to do to view Terry's .jpgs? They are not active in my browser(IE8). I am logged in, as I know I don't see anything other than the site header if I'm not.
Thanks, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing