Move camera during land shaping???

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SKB1103
Weekend Duffer

Move camera during land shaping???

Post by SKB1103 »

Hello all. I am new to this website and new to this architect. Is there a way to move the navigation camera while you are using the shape land tool??? Basically what I'm finding is that I start the land shape but I want to continue it somewhere offscreen. However, when I have the land shape tool selected I cannot navigate. The keyboard arrows become locked. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!

TIA

Donnie
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Move camera during land shaping???

Post by bryce »

Donnie,
Welcome to our site! I don't believe you can navigate while you have the shape tool selected. I would zoom out just enough to make sure you can put your shape down within the screen. You can always move, add, and delete points afterwards. Here is a little tip when dealing with points on a shape.......if you want to move, add or delete multiple points, highlight the ones you want to edit and hit CTRL- and whatever function you want to do (use mouse to move).

We are glad to have another designer to join us, and we will be happy to help in any way!

Doron
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Welcome to the site Donnie.

What Bryce said. It is possible to add points under the camera screen, but not to add them beyond the set border (screen) or to navigate while it's active. It's also possible to adjust the size of the camera screen so that it's out of your way while laying down a texture, but once you've selected a task (ie, planting objects, creating or working on a shape, etc., that's all you're capable of doing. Also be careful about adding a point to close to a border as sometimes it will inadvertently complete the shape.

There are a couple of design tutorials in the utilities section worth downloading and studying. Although this designer isn't nearly as difficult as the Links "Arnold Palmer" designer (and I don't know anything about the TW designer) it is complex and takes some time to master. Feel free to ask any questions, we're happy to help. There are still about 1/2 dozen active designers aboard, including some of the best in the game.

You might also be interested in the Cloaker Tool, which allows you to "hide" libraries not in use and to make a "project" of your design so that you can quickly pick the libraries you're using. Again, any questions just ask.
SKB1103
Weekend Duffer

Post by SKB1103 »

Thanks for the replies!

Here is a screen shot of what I've got so far. Please give feedback!

bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

PROS
Great job with the detail: cartpaths, wood around the tee area, etc

CONS
Tray adding several different types of trees along with the pines for a more realistic look. Also, alot of people are fans of the lighter textures, but that's just a matter of opinion.

I like what I see!

Doron