What's next?

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: What's next?

Post by SteveHorn »

I think your right about Hale Irwin Judy but not positive. I'm pretty sure in 1999 the approach shot on #12 by Sergio Garcia out of the right rough close to tree roots and havig to hit a high fade where he runs and hop jumps twice to try to see where his ball landed. That was a great shot because of the slope in the fairway on # 12 and the steep chipping area going down 8 feet to the pond. Here's the Sergio hole so far.
Medinah #12 Approach.JPG
#12 approch if about 210 yards to green. Pond not visible on approach
(146.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Medinah 12th Green from behind.JPG
Ffom behind the green. Green sits 8 feet above the pond. slope in front and steeper to the right of green
(135.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

1990. It was Mike Donald.
Irwin was 45 at the time, oldest to win the US Open.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Back from my little work trip, will sit down today and start adding objects and planting grasses etc.
Here's the overhead of the completed plot.
Attachments
RSG Plot.jpg
(61.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Well I did remember the important things! I was thinking Hale was a few years older at the time. I do remember him running around the green like a 12 year old after it went in though. Poor Mike Donald... I always feel bad for those players who come so close to winning but mostly drown in their obscurity.

You put a lot of work into that, Polslad. I'm really looking forward to it. I've got 8 holes completed on my unnamed course. I want it to honor my dad, but since his name is Glen... well, I'm not sure what to do with it. No planting has been done yet, I'm saving that for last, so no pics yet.