Looking for some C&C on my new project

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Looking for some C&C on my new project

Post by A Brandt »

Here is a pic from my latest project. I am having trouble deciding on a good look for the plantings. I created some new grasses, but they are too transparent in game and you can't really see them. So here I added some grasses from the great Coos Bay library. I think it looks much better, but may still be missing something. I'll remind you that this area is treeless so I am only working with grasses and some shrubs here and there. Let me know what you think...
4tee.jpg
(549.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Looking for some C&C on my new project

Post by Stan Nehilla »

I don't know why you feel something is missing. It looks pretty good to me.
Maybe a shrub or few added randomly.
Stan
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

It looks great Adam. Maybe as Stn said, add a couple of larger bushes in there, maybe even group them together in sections. Could always put some large rocks randomly around also to add something to the look.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Stan, thanks! I did add some small bushes around, but maybe they're too small to really notice. I'll make them bigger and see how it looks.

Craig, I like your idea with rocks, I'll give it a try too. I'm sure that area of the country has some rocky terrain mixed in. Thanks!!
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I agree with what has been said. I think the choice and color of planting fits well. As Craig said I would add a few larger bushes.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Nice looking course. I would'nt mess to much with it. Maybe just a few larger shrubs placed in groups would look good. Take a look at the Monterey library and you will find some good examples. Also t he Metropolitan Library ( I think). You have a real nice look going for you here, careful you dont overdue it. Spencer.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

post deleted
Last edited by Indy Anna Jones on April 1st, 2011, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwgriffingca
Novice

Post by jwgriffingca »

Adam,

I think your screenshot looks great, the plantings and bunkering really capture the flavor of a C&C course out in the middle of nowhere. Stick to your guns with no trees if you're going for that Nebraska prairie look! I would suggest adding in a very few random bushes or other scrubby plants, slightly larger than the grasses, just to help break up the endless sea of grass a bit.

You can see some good examples in the photos on the GCA review - mainly grasses, but an occasionally lurking yucca plant or other scrubby plant buried among the grass.
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/courses-by ... and-hills/

Nice work - look forward to seeing more!

John