Gleneagle Textures

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Gleneagle Textures

Post by Polslad »

This is for Adam, could you possible give me an overview of what your letter codes mean in your excellent Gleneagle Blends library?
I am currently working on Royal Lyttham and would like to use the look you created for Gleneagle course, I think it fits the look I am after.
Which textures were used when in the blends etc?

Thanks in advance.
David
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: Gleneagle Textures

Post by Terry Grayson »

David I asked the question on the General page a few weeks ago and he gave me the rundown...I think I titled the thread "calling adam brandt"

check er out...They are great textures, using them on this course i have been building
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Thanks terry,
I'll go take a look.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Your question was about Glen Haven textures.
I'm looking at Gleneagle.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

OH well Im out of town at a conference,and Im old...Sorry....LOL
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Pols, the concept is the same as the glen haven blends. I'm not sure off hand how I have them labeled, but I think i had F for fairway(or firstcut) to rough, R for rough to weeds, and maybe W for some deep weed blends. When I get a chance I will double check this.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Ok I looked at the arch file to verify how I used the blends. Now mind you, this was the first time I used my own blends and this way of labeling them. After looking at the arch file I realized the only blends I used on the course were the 'R' and 'B' blends. I used RA-RD to blend from rough to weeds, and BA-BC to blend from rough to weeds around the bunkers only. They are very similar, and you may not notice a real difference with either approach. Note I did not use the 'W' blends, and I don't recall what I even intended them for :shrug:
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

Hey, this question is for Adam again. I was just looking for a little further clarification on the blends. For the RA-RD blends, do those different cuts get progressively deeper when playing the course in the game? For example, am I going to have a harder time advancing the ball if it is played out of RD than if it were played out of RA?

By the way, I'm making slow but steady progress on my course. I'm thinking I'm going to call it Emory Dunes. Just about got 3 holes done at this point, but I've been doing a lot of detail work as I go as opposed to fininshing the holes and then going back to work on details.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

Guggy, IIRC I did set the blends up to be progressively deeper. However, while playtesting, I don't recall if the idea actually worked for this course. :/
Guggy107
Chronic Slicer

Post by Guggy107 »

I guess my best bet would be to actually play Gleneagle to find out how the textures play :)