US Open ON PGA 2000

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
bryce
Legend of Golf

US Open ON PGA 2000

Post by bryce »

I've been playing my season events with pretty much all real courses, until I got to the US Open. Without a Chambers Bay for the game, I decided to go with the course I made for a US Open type venue (Dogwood Trail). I struggle mightily at this beast, but after a second round 67, I am right back in it! At the halfway point Dustin Johnson has a 2 shot lead over Alexander Noren and Bubba. I am 7 back, in a tie for 11th at -5. I can't remember the last time i won the US Open in my seasons, but it's been a loooong time. I usually miss the cut.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: US Open ON PGA 2000

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! looking forward to watching the U.S. Open this year. Chambers Bay looks great and is very long, somewhat like Whistling Straits. Dogwood Trail is a beast and if you have windy conditions shooting even par is really good. The last U.S. Open I won In one of my seasons was at Torrey Pines.
Last edited by SteveHorn on June 17th, 2015, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Just won my first US OPen after 38 seasons of trying, at Pebble Beach of all places.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

David, I think Pebble was my only US Open win. Still have yet to win The PGA.

Steve, I think it's odd how Whistling Straits and Chambers are played in the same year. They look extremely similar. They make a nice bread for a St Andrews sandwich!
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

So I got home from work and first thing I had to do was play my 3rd round. I tied my best round at Dogwood Trail by shooting a 65! This included about 4 chip ins, mostly for pars. I'm now tied for 2nd going in to the final round. The only bad thing is, Dustin had a good round also. He's got 3 shots on me, but I've got the wind on gusty for the final round. Typical US Open......just limit the mistakes to stay in it.

Doron
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I have won the US Open in the course that I made for a US Open! A final round 67, in the wind, put me into a playoff with Alexander Noren. Of course, PGA will only allow sudden death, but they sent us to the 4th hole, which is a par 4 of over 500 yards. I made an 8 foot putt for par to win! I haven't been this excited playing any game ever! Not to mention the fact that I was struggling this season. Before the US Open, I was well outside the top 30, which is needed to make the tour championship. I've moved up to 19th now!

:bg:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Doron! WAY TO GO. Nice score with gusty winds on Dogwood Trail Championship Edition.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Well, this season has taken a turn for the better since I played my own course for the US Open! I've managed top 10s at The Travelers Championship, The Open Championship, The Canadian Open and just now at Congressional. I'm all the way up to 10th in the FedEx points! I must say though, catching Dustin Johnson is going to be a feat. He is over 1,000 points ahead of Justin Rose, who is 2nd.

I have not won the FedEx Cup since I've been playing points, so maybe I can rally in the next few events. I usually do well at Firestone.