So, what are you up too?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: So, what are you up too?

Post by Terry Grayson »

Hey gang..

Hope all are well.... I still check in here regularly to see what everyone is up too... Still my favorite all time golf sim... I don't play it at all however anymore, but I think about all you folks a lot..

Hope everyone is well.....

Terry
Pyecraft
Scratch Golfer

Post by Pyecraft »

Nice to see you drop by Terry, I wonder how many of the originals still pop in from time to time without saying Hello? Always amazing how this creaky old gem of a program managed to create bonds lasting so long! Presently, 17 years or so? Wow!
Busier life for you these days for sure but wouldn't it feel good to be involved again in one of them compilation designs, which consumed less time for each designer involved? They were always interesting and often a lot of fun hearing Robert complain about someone's contribution, lol.
Be well my friend, drag out the shovels some time soon.
May the only balls you slice be your own
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

So, finally, have DL and played all 445 courses on Dar's A list.
I didn't rate them all as A listers myself.
Now working on Steve Horns recent list of his top 100.

It's a harard life I tell ye!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

David! I have no idea how many course's I've played that are A list. Never counted how many I've rated in the last 5 seasons. Of course everybody's taste are different so I think you should start rating course's. Then if a course is on 3 different list as an A list course you know it's pretty special and a probable keeper for most people in our community.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

I have logged them all Steve, simple A, B or C with a keep or no keep.
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

Post by Parrothead »

Had problems with my old machine some time ago. Got it sorted out some time ago, dl'd some courses and have followed some threads.

I have had two more holes-in-one, first was once again on the 8th at Peninsula State Park and yesterday hit one on the third at Bethpage Black.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Nice, yes 8 at Peninsula State Park certainly offers a good opportunity.
Parrothead
Chronic Slicer

Post by Parrothead »

LOL! Wish I could repeat my previous luck. I have upgraded my system again, I'm now finding this game that much harder, having moved to a machine 4x faster than the previous one. I'm assuming this would be part of the problem, using truswing. At least, my golfer isn't falling over on the backswing, nearly as much as he was at first. Chipping out of the greenside rough, has been my downfall a number of times, wasting many strokes, killing what would have been a good or half decent round. The joys and frustrations of learning all over again. So much like playing the real game. I was hitting wiffle balls in the backyard the other day, I think it's been a good 10 yrs, since I last had the clubs out, nuff said. ;)

I installed the 3.3.4.5 patch, I forgot, is it the datetime one, that corrects the dates on the stats page (eg. all rounds played in June show 6/6/16).

Edit: I revisited the tutorials, my play out of the rough is improving. I've come to the conclusion, part of the problem out of the rough, is my mouse. I've used an optical mouse, since day one with this sim. I'm now using a different Logitech one, from before. The machine was under the desk before, it is now on the desk, so the wire may also be affecting it (I'm guessing). Other than that, I'm slowly improving, still playing well over par, but improving.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I'm still around. I could never get PGA to reinstall on my computer even though I cleared every mention of the game away. Anyway, I'm happy to see the site is still active.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Good to see your still here Indy.