Contest Course Judging

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Contest Course Judging

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Winner and second place, IMO. All 5 guys deserve kudos for their participation and hard work (and for non-designers, believe me it is hard work) in designing these courses and keeping this game alive and kicking. As far as total rating average #1 and #2 also or not at all. You can PM positions 3, 4, and 5 and then the designers themselves can reveal the results as they choose. Individual voter ratings should be kept private; I doubt if anyone totally dumped on a design/designer, but if they did it shouldn't be made public, and for those of us who voted and also wrote reviews, we've already made our views known.

Just MOI.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I agree completely with Indy. Listing the winner, and maybe second place is all that should be public. I for one would like to know where I ranked at, whether it be by e-mail, PM or any other way. We all would probably like to know where we ended up at.

Doron
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

First I want to say that regardless of how the voting turns out, all five designers are already winners. I for one, very much appreciate your efforts and time in creating these beauties for us to play. As you have seen from the comments, every course is unique and special in its own way. (It is hard to believe they are all based on the same plot).

Second, only making public the top one or two doesn't feel right to me. I know already that the voting is going to be pretty close in most cases. Is there really anything wrong with presenting all five average scores?

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

tincup wrote: Is there really anything wrong with presenting all five average scores?

Dar
I'm fine with that, as long as the others are. I finished 13th in my first design contest (2002), so being guaranteed a spot in the top 5 has a much better sound to it!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Whatever is right with the 5 designers is cool with me. Sorry if I jumped on a high horse.
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

I'm ok with having the courses listed 1-5. Maybe just a PM to each desinger with course average or something like that, or otherwise place positions could be posted on forum, with the average score.

Either way, I'm not too worried.
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Post them all 1 thru 5. Designers need to have thicker skin then to take offence to placing 4th or 5th in this. After 60 some course i assure you there is always room for improvement. Topics for debate are encouraged, designers can find out why they placed where they did,what the average golfer likes and dislikes and can use this info when doing there next course. There should be nothing to hide and all designers should be gaining a wealth of information.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

I'm inclined to agree with Robert here. We may not always like the feedback and reviews, we may not even agree with individual views or statements, but there's plenty to learn when the feedback is consistent from a large number of people. I'm pretty easy with however we choose to present the scores - I think everyone did a great job so there's certainly no shame in it, just stiff competition!

Cheers
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Just a friendly reminder...

Monday, January 31, 2011 is the last day for voting on the contest courses. :eek: If you have not voted yet, you are running out of time.

You can send me your scores via a private message or you can send me an email at dbrown4428@aol.com... your choice.

I will publish the final results on Tuesday, Feb 1 probably in the morning if all goes well.

Dar
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Hey YA'LL! If you haven't voted yet tomorrow is your last chance. These guys worked hard to produce some really nice courses. If you've played them and haven't voted yet, please do. If you haven't played them, take an hour and check them out anyway.