So close it started to get annoying

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

So close it started to get annoying

Post by sandwedge »

I was playing Carolindi Forest the other night - awesome course Indy by the way - and I got within inches of the cup on the first par 3. This after playing a previous round of cyber golf and getting close to holing it on what seemed like every par 3 on Abernathy Park. It got me to thinking - have any of you had that round where everything was so close that it got annoying? I think I am due for a hole in one and just keep coming up short. Not sure if this is a vent, a plug for one of my favorite courses or a real post but hey, thanks for letting me share :laugh: Any thoughts???
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: So close it started to get annoying

Post by SteveHorn »

WHATS A HOLE IN ONE? Oh yeah I remember getting one of those. Been ages it seems.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Thanks for the high five on Carolindi; it's still high on my list also!
My last ace was on Tulachean Bay b9 about 5 or 6 years ago; what really pains me are those times I barely miss an albatross (I've had 1 in almost 11 years.) Ah, any lucky bugger can get an ace; it takes real talent to get 2 on a par 5! ( :laugh: so what are you if you can't get either???)
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Albatross is the one I have had the most "trouble" with...Ive had 2 ever One was in 13 at original (McHale) Augusta... second was I was playing with Dar and the gang and I got one on a par 5 on Saxe Gotha.. I missed a second by inches later that round..

Hole in Ones, I think I probably have 50 or 60 Ill have to check... Of course I stil have the same player I have been using since I installed PGA on my old Windows 98 Machine.. I keep him backed up and have put him on several computers...

always special to get a hole in one... I havent had one in a while.... Im due I reckon
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

"Thanks for the high five on Carolindi; it's still high on my list also!"

Yeah, I have always liked the flow of this course. Right now I have played it so much that I am starting to know exactly what type of shots I can get away with and that means I am going to score well here when the girls want to play a round of cyber golf.

Went and played Debien Fields by Yannick the other day and it happened again - twice, the last shot being left at what appeared to be the lip of the cup! Maybe if I get a new mouse, I will get that little extra push I need to sink the shot on the first try. What really is annoying is I can never seem to hit the green on these same par 3's when I play against the girls. So not only am I choking under pressure, but I have no evidence of improvement and thus still no intimidating presence in the matches :laugh:

I agree Terry, the Albatross is the big one. I think I need a few more hole in ones though before I can start thinking about albatrosses again :laugh:
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

I had this one today on 17 at Pebble. Yes, I was 4+...I don't have the same character, but I recreate every couple hundred holes. This set up the third straight in a birdie run that included 15,16,17, and 18 for a back nine of 32.
Attachments
almost.jpg
(192.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

That is a great comeback on a pretty tough course. I think I am back to normal now - no close shots in my last 2 rounds - I might have missed my window of opportunity :laugh: Wouldn't you know it - the girls asked if we could play on Monday and now I've got nothing :laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

My first ace was the first time I played online on WON, CDA #4 (the cliff hole.) I overshot the pin by about 8 feet, but the ball bit and rolled back into the cup. Up to then I'd been a bit frustrated with the game play vs. Nicklaus 5, but that hooked me. That was April '01. The only albatross I ever got was on a course Greg and I had designed, Wilde Valley. Hole 12. I brought it in on the left side, it took a big roll maybe 40' into the cup. That was probably 2001 or 2002. I've been close 4 or 5 times, but I've never had another one. Tulaichean Bay #11 was my last ace. I was playing with Poppy and it was probably 2007. Again, close many times but no seegar
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

The coolest thing about CDA is the hole where you can make the diver come out of the lake - first easter egg I discovered in PGA2000. But now, old age, has caused me to forget the hole and the only thing I remember about the code is caddyshack??? I remember you could also make the golfer fly through the air and hear the voiceover "Be the club" as he did. Those things did not hook me, but I sure did like playing CDA after that :laugh:
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

"billmurraycaddyshack" will make the golfer fly; I can't remember what activates the diver. Btw, those will work on any course/hole/water hazard, not just a specific hole or course. (I think there's a shortcut on the bill...shack thingy but I've forgotten it also.