Lost Course called Borland

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Lost Course called Borland

Post by BrianZ111 »

Does anybody have a course called Borland or know who created it? I found the files for it on my hard drive while I was going through some old folders. I think it was uploaded here a few years ago but nobody claimed it so it was never added to the site. I noticed the modified date was from 2000 so I guess it was old. I was thinking about putting it up as an anonymous design but I can't now because now I lost it. I decided to install it to see what it was like and I didn't have all the libraries. So I stupidly uninstalled it not realizing PGA 2000 would delete the file when you uninstall it. It should warn you when it is going to delete something! :mad: So if anybody has it or knows who did it let me know.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Lost Course called Borland

Post by BrianZ111 »

Good news, found the original zip file it was in. So anybody know who did this? Should I post this as an anonymous course? Since they uploaded it I assume they must have wanted it posted.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I think if someone took the time to make and upload a course then the community should post it, no matter how long ago it was.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Brian! Never heard of the course but I agree with David and should let us play it if possible.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Alright, I'll notify Dar, see if he remembers anything about it, and if not we'll proceed as posting it as an anonymous course. Images that came with it are dated 5/21/13 so I'm thinking that is when it was uploaded here. I wish I had done something about it sooner. I assume nobody ever notified Dar about it because he never contacted me about it. I never deleted it from the uploads folder on the server but it isn't there anymore so it was probably accidentally deleted with something else later. Luckily I did download it at one point when I saw it there but I stuck it in a random folder to do something about and then completely forgot about it. Now I'm making a big push to clean up my hard drive and get organized and I found it and remembered where it came from. It appears to be a real 9 hole course in Pennsylvania called Borland Golf Center as the pics included with it match their Facebook page. Course file is dated 12/25/2000 so I guess it is an old one somebody did that was never uploaded back then.