Hey Yall

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Hey Yall

Post by Terry Grayson »

Just wanted to say hello! I read here weekly and see so many great folks still alive and kicking :)

I gave up on computer golf for a while, but recently purchased another game and began designing a little on it..... gameplay once I got used to it is spectacular and there is an entire site devoted to tours with thousands playing weekly...

sadly I aint as good there as I once was here, only on the WEB.com tour.. Aint quite reached the PGA or EURO level yet :) ha ha

Working on a design now.... There are thousands upon thousands of available courses to play.... I didn't think I would like the game at first, but once you learn how to set up shots *(Much like here) you can get pretty decent at it...

DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Hey Yall

Post by DC#1 »

Good to hear from you Terry. I see you got the design bug again. Looks very nice. I almost bought TGC too but opted for Perfect Golf.I know there is no 3-click forTGC so you gave in to the dark side. Perfect golf just updated their swings RTS, MS,etc. I 'm almost finished with the course you gave me,sorry but I work slow. I have another that I was working on when you gave me your's and that is close to being done. Started a long time ago ( no,not in a galaxy far,far away) for the RDW course contest with Robert's plot. I have been playing more Perfect golf than PGA. If you ever release a TGC course, I will have to buy that because I can't pass up one of your courses. Keep in touch. DC#1 (David Caygle)
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Hey David

Good to hear from you! I finally broke down last mid-year and built myself a computer.. Nothing extravagant but something decent that I shouldn't have to update for a while. I still have the old monster I used in my PGA days that I bought back in 99-00 and it still actually runs.. LOL...

PGA has always been the best to me as far as gameplay.... Still is... TGC is very very close now that I know how to properly set up shots...They continually update it with more and more options and the architect is nice, just wished we could draw shapes (Hasn't been introduces yet) Ive actually released three courses over there so far but there are so many designers and so many courses (Probably 80 to 90 thousand) that most courses get lost in the shuffle, which is ok by me... I design to just have a little fun...

The game is one that you have to have a high end graphics card/computer to even play but it is beautiful and not arcade like (How TW series was) to me anyway.... I sure miss the PGA days of staying up half the night playing with Stan, Fabita, Southernrepub and others... and all my pals like Dar, Hookster and Cope and the gang we would meet nightly to play rounds.... Man what times we had..

Glad to see you still designing as well as Polslad and others...This is still a great game after all these years...

Talk to you soon
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Curious as to what specs your computer is? I finally bought a new one last year too. I heard you need a higher end computer to run TGC well,that is why I'm asking. I have a I-5 4460@3.2 GHZ, 8GB ram, Geforce 750 GTX 2GB. As I said I have thought about buying TGC but wasn't sure it would run ok.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Terry! Glad to here from you and I must say that screen shot is totally AWSOME.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Post by Terry Grayson »

Thanks Steve :)

David.... I didn't go extreme high end... Built a mid-tier I guess you could call it.. about 1000 bucks total

Coolermaster HAF912 case
Windows 7 (Just haven't upgraded to 10 yet on this one)
1TB Hard Drive
XGS 550 Watt Power Supply
Geforce GTX 960 GPU with 4G ram
8G DDR3 ram
ASUS Z97-A Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4690K Processor 3.5 GHz

Runs the game or any other high graphics game just fine......
Craigus10
Scramble Player

Post by Craigus10 »

Hey Terry,

Is that The Golf Club game pictured on here. I have purchased this for the xbox one as it has the architect, but never got into it far enough. From what I played of it, it was quite a good game. As you say, the biggest let down for it is the inability to draw shapes, but after a while of messing around with it, you can manipulate and drop shapes on each other to give something of what shape you want.

Pretty much all gaming is gone for me now. I had to clear the machine completely and haven't re-installaed a lot of programs, including PGA. Every now and then I think of a course in my head or get some ideas and think I should start designing them again, but time is very limited.

Looks to me that PGA is just about gone :(

Take care all.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

By the way Terry. Who the hell said Hookster was your pal? lol. Good to see ya bud. Some of the old gang still on Kali. Dar,Kelly,Magic man, Bison and a few others. Got mine playing on windows 7. xp took a shit a while back. :(