Mac

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Mac

Post by LinksLegend »

Hey gang,

Two quick questions:

1) Does PGA2000 work on Mac?
2) I have my original PC game disks but is there a way to download the game? (as my MacBook Air has no DVD drive...)

Cheers,
LL
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Mac

Post by SteveHorn »

Duncan! Whats the scoop on Kruger National ? When you e-mailed me (in July) there was no return address which puzzled me. Also I sent you a PM about 2 weeks or so ago.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

There is not an OS X version of the game but you can run it in windows on the mac either through virtual machine or dual boot. First link on the utilities page is the download package to install it PGA 2000 if you go that route.

Steve I do not see anything new in the uploads yet. If you want to exchange it through this site just upload it and let me know when it's there and I'll pass the link along to the other person.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Thanks Brian - Amy idea how well it runs? Assume a few people have tried it...

Steve - waiting for your planting and finesse skills! Emailed you a few times over the last few weeks - is your mowerman email working, as I got you on that previously. Thought it was odd you hadn't replied - assumed you were on holiday or something :)

I sent all files via 'wetransfer' but can upload here if easier - that ok Brian? I had a folder with original images etc as well for the library. Can upload a folder Brian?

Cheers
D
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Ok guys - just sent - let me know if received ok.

Thanks!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Haven't tried it as I don't have a Mac, probably depends more on the specs of the computer then the fact that it's a Mac. Performance in general would be better with dual boot as you're only running one OS at a time rather then one within the other but a virtual machine is easier to set up. I know some people here run a XP in a vurtual machine on their Windows 7/8 computers so they can play online.

Would be easier if you zip the folder before upload, that way I can just give him the link to the zip file for download instead of separate links to all the files in the folders.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Is Kruger National supposed to be released as a finished course now? I didn't know if it got accidentally left over from when we were transferring files or if it was actually supposed to be released as a finished course now. Please let me know, thanks.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Brian! It got delayed. I hope to finish it soon.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

OK, no problem, no rush. :up: Just checking because there was something on the server but it obviously must have been left over from when we transferred files.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Cool! Glad to hear you can finish her off Steve. Give me a shout if you want any help playtesting etc.

Cheers
LL