DIRECTX BUG PROBLEM MAY 2012

Help with questions or problems.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

DIRECTX BUG PROBLEM MAY 2012

Post by Diguelo »

Some of you may have come across an error recently regarding a file beginning D3DX9_ followed by a number, the file extension is .dll. The directx files are all located in C:/Windows/System32 folder no matter what operating system you are running, only difference is if your on XP it goes up to 9, Vista up to 10 and Win 7 up to 11, Win8 will be 12 etc. This is a major mess up with a lot of new games and video drivers to accommodate the new windows 8 coming out.

If any does have this error box come up every time you start the game then go the Microsoft's direct download centre, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx. Get the file from this site ONLY its the only way to be sure you do not get an infected copy. Download the Jun 2010 redistributable package. Its around 95MB in size, install it. more than likely it will fail, but it will install the missing files in your Directx system regardless of it saying its install has failed. Tehn just reboot and your away again.

Any problems you can get in touch with me at info@pcdatalincs.co.uk for further info and corrections.

This bug is thanks to Microsoft and their passion for making money, it may also apply to newer games and especially to MMORPG games. Pretty much anything that requires an online link and is 3d.

Hope everyone is well, dar, dave, george, ron, kelly etc. Seeing as I haven't heard from any of you Ill just stick to helping out where i can. Have fun.

Diguelo.

Still keeping my hand in with the game and scored -13 regularly on my target practico course. Miss you guys.