Course Installation Help

Help with questions or problems.
Spaulding89
Weekend Duffer

Course Installation Help

Post by Spaulding89 »

Hi - can someone explain how exactly to install a new course into this game? For example: i have downloaded the Chambers Bay course. Then i unzipped it with Winzip so now i have the .CPG file on my desktop..... now what? How do i get it into the available course list for the game?

Much obliged
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Course Installation Help

Post by BrianZ111 »

That file needs to be put in one of the following locations, depending on your OS:

For XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf

For Vista, 7, or 8 - C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf

If you do not have a Golf folder in the Courses folder you'll need to create one.
Spaulding89
Weekend Duffer

Post by Spaulding89 »

Ok at the risk of sounding like a total retard. I have Windows 8. um how do i make a "golf" folder in the portal? I went to file-settings-folders and i can see a course tab - i hit make a new folder. i called it golf, i copied chambers bay into it... and.. nothing. the folder is not appearing in the course menu for the game.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

The course should just appear in the list in the game once you have it in the correct folder. It won't appear in the courses tab on the portal as those are only courses from Red Chain. Assuming you installed the game to the default location that should be C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf. When you go to C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\ right click in the empty area, go to New > Folder and name it Golf. Alternatively you can download one of the courses that are in the portal from the courses tab and this should automatically create the golf folder when it downloads that course to it. Then all you have to do with the courses you download from here is unzip them to that folder with the others.
grafikhaus
Range Rookie

Post by grafikhaus »

I too am having problems installing courses (Windows 7) You suggest:

For Vista, 7, or 8 - C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf

If you do not have a Golf folder in the Courses folder you'll need to create one.

I don't have a RCGPORTAL folder under Program Data. All my PGA Golf resources are in a 'SIERRA' folder on C:\ drive. (SIERRA...PGA2000) I have created a 'Golf' folder in the 'Courses' folder. I have installed the unzipped course files to this folder and receive a number of dialogs stating 'The following required libraries were not found...Arrowhead Golf Club/Parkhead etc. Do you wish to continue?

When I launch the game, the 'new' courses appear but fail to initialise when I click on them. The unzipped folders contain five files - .bmp, .clb, .crs, .htm and .wav. I have installed all these to the new 'Golf' folder, but no success.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

This thread is for World Golf Challenge not PGA 2000. The location actually doesn’t matter for PGA 2000 because the act of installing it points it to the directory you’ve put it in. It sounds like you are installing the course but not the required libraries. PGA 2000 requires you to install any libraries a course uses as well. The libraries a course uses are listed to the right of the course on the download page. If you do not have a library that the course uses you need to download and install it the same way you did the course.