Converting PGA to WGC

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Converting PGA to WGC

Post by LinksLegend »

Brian,

Seem to remember you managed to convert your course to WGC a while ago. Was it by using Chet's conversion guidelines? Did you find any particular variations that worked well?

Cheers
LL
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Converting PGA to WGC

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah using Chet's conversion tutorial works great for bringing all the elevation contours over. It's not quite as detailed as the original plot but it's pretty darn close. You lose things like 2 inch bunker lips but you probably couldn't do those in this game anyway because the mesh isn't quite as detailed. I've brought a few plots in but I haven't finished anything yet. You still have to draw new shapes in and plant trees and objects. I've got the Ridges to the point where I've drawn all the shapes in but there's still some fine tuning to do and I haven't done any planting on it yet. If you have any questions about it let me know.
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Great - thanks Brian.

Was thinking about bringing 9MileBay plot over - wondered if it would be a huge piece of work, which although the elevations would import sounds like it may be if you have to draw and drop all textures/shapes...
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Drawing shapes aren't too bad. One thing you can do is take a screenshot of the plot and use it like you would a satellite image for a real course and trace them out. The Blueprint tool in WGC makes this a lot easier than using Ghost It in PGA because you only have to get the image lined up once and then you can go ahead and trace out everything without touching it. You can also use it as a guide for where to plant objects.