Hello, WGC2011!

Any CPG/WGC series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
ADC
Tour Contender

Hello, WGC2011!

Post by ADC »

Hi!

So, it's been a while since I posted over here. Years, in fact. But I finally have a computer set up that runs this game well. Very excited to be playing, and eventually, creating with all of you. I'm also excited to see the Quarry Course from Giant's Ridge on here. That course is in the town over from where my wife grew up, and she's played it many times. Jeff Helton should know that it has her seal of approval.

I'm very excited to say that I just shot a 72 from the men's tees at Turnberry- Alisia. 35-37! And my best 18 hole score to this point was a 85. This game is so balanced, I find myself actually getting excited about good shots, because I had to do something to make it happen. Very much giving me the golfing bug.

Winter just got a lot more bearable. Next up for me is the Tuxedo Club. If you ever want to say hi or anything, pm me. I'm also up for an online match anytime.

Alex
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
SmokinJo65
Range Rookie

Re: Hello, WGC2011!

Post by SmokinJo65 »

Hello ADC,

Almost everyone of us that play WGC2011 played PGA2000 at some point and probably quite a few of us since the beta stages of PGA2000. Alot of us also came to PGA2000 from a game called Jack Nicklaus 4,5 and GBC (6). We moved on to the Tiger Woods Games and then eventually CustomPlay Golf 1 and 2 which is pretty much this game with a new name.

If you like Minnesota courses I did Hazeltine National since I live in the Twin Cities and Jeff did Dacotah Ridge which you probably know is close to you by Redwood Falls. Jeff also did Interlachen Country Club and is by far I think his best course in this game. We used Lidar data for most of the courses so the elevations are pretty spot on, just mainly had to do some tweaking of them so the hardest part was done pretty much.

We usually only get together on Friday nights about 8pm our time (central) and have been doing so for 4-5 years now??

You may not have a Mic but if you want to listen to us (we all have Mics) you can download Mumble and install it.

Open Mumble and click on Server at the top and select Connect, in the server window that pops up type in WGC2011 Server for the Lable.
Address: nike23osu.mumble.com
Port: 6620
Username: "whatever you would like to be known as"

If it asks for a password it maybe "Games" but I don't think it asks for one. Your not required to listen to us but we drink and say bad things about each other so we are fun to hang out with during our golfing nights..lol

Oh Jeff Helton got all his Lidar data for Minnesota course from Me so if it wasn't for me these courses would have never been done, Jeff is one lucky guy he has a friend like me..lol

Joe Habiger
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Any instructions on how to load a LIDAR plot into the architect? Meaning, creating a new course from a blank plot to one with LIDAR detail?
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I'm writing a book on this subject. :laugh: It covers LiDAR/elevations and imagery and became long because it goes into details about the why you do certain things rather than just the how. The other problem is the primary, easiest way is using a program called Global Mapper which is expensive to buy for casual users (but totally worth it if you're serious) so I try to explore other options as well but there's no denying most of it is written with using Global Mapper in mind. I'm trying to break it down so you can find the sections you want to read and easily skip the why descriptions and just read the how to steps but I don't know if I've succeeded in that yet. I'll send you the current draft. I haven't touched it since February but I do hope to finish it and make it public at some point.