activation code

Any CPG/WGC series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
steve998671
Range Rookie

activation code

Post by steve998671 »

Could you send me an activation code for online play?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: activation code

Post by BrianZ111 »

Hi Steve, I've sent you a PM with an activation code.

If you downloaded the game without the portal you'll need to get the portal and install the game through it now to use the activation code. Instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=505&p=4735#p4735 After entering the activation code, move the game folders to the location the portal is looking for them at and you won't have to redownload the entire game through the portal (default location C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\) and the courses (default location C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf). If you have any issues let me know.

A group of us plays on Fridays at 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific time if you want to join us. Otherwise your best bet is probably to post a message on the forum to find a time to play with someone because it's pretty rare to find someone just online waiting to play these days.
Galen_Golf4676
Scratch Golfer

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

BrianZ111 wrote: April 24th, 2017, 10:02 amIf you downloaded the game without the portal you'll need to get the portal and install the game through it now to use the activation code. Instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=505&p=4735#p4735 After entering the activation code, move the game folders to the location the portal is looking for them at and you won't have to redownload the entire game through the portal (default location C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\) and the courses (default location C:\ProgramData\RCGPORTAL\Courses\Golf). If you have any issues let me know.
Brian, I run Windows 10 and would like to install the portal. The instructions are aimed for Windows XP. Could you provide me with updated instructions, specifically in which folder to install the portal and where to move the game folders. I installed the game here: C:\WGC2011\ And I will need the activation code too. Thank you.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Galen, Red Chain shut the portal servers down a couple years ago. While you can load the portal yet, you can’t download anything through it anymore so there’s no point in having it.

You can now just download the game from the utilities page (first item) and don’t need the portal or an activation code. Unfortunately we lost online multiplayer due to this but everything else in the game still functions as normal.

You’ll need the free 7-zip program https://www.7-zip.org/ to extract, as I used the extra compression it provides over regular zip for a lot of the files for this game, including the game download and a lot of the courses.

The game download doesn’t come with any courses so download them from this site's courses page and extract to WGC2011\Courses\Golf

Launch the game by running WorldGolf2011.exe

If you have any other questions, let me know.